Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

E-mailed Question - GX Developer 8.03D and XP

4 posts in this topic

Tudor Jones (tudor.jones@bisley.com) on Monday, July 5, 2004 at 06:58:22 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- question: other comments: I am unsure if you can help, but I'm sure its worth a try. I have recently installed a version of mitsubishi's GX Developer 8.03D on my laptop. I am using an XP system. I am able to read and monitor from a PLC but it will not allow me to write? I've tried adjusting as many settings I can find,but have so far had no joy. I know the software works as a collogue is already using it also with XP. Can you help ?

Hi, Click Online ->Monitor ->Monitor (Write) to change to Online write mode. Then edit the respective ladder. After finish editing, click Convert -> Select either Convert, Convert(Online Change).

We probably require more info from Tudor! Like what messages he is getting when he tries to write to the PLC. If he is trying to write online but has not set the software up to write online, he will get the 'plc running - so cannot write' box What cable is he using - home made ones can give this error if the wires are wrong in short - more info needed

I also had many problem with GX developper when i started using Xp. I could read and write to a PLC but i could not print out correctly. i tried to correct the problem in any way i knew. but it didn't work. I finally decided to downgrade my system to window 2000. I had this problem while some other guys kept telling me that it work well on their machine. i think Gx developer is not fully compatible with Win Xp yet. it can work on some machine pretty well and on other it give strange results. Tried to search on google for Gx developper problem with XP, you will find a lot of people who had problem with gx Developer when they started using XP