Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Anyone Wanna Help This Guy?

7 posts in this topic

KEN BANGMA @ FREEDOM COACH (bus-r-us@freedomcoach.com) on Friday, September 20, 2002 at 09:25:06 comments: We are working on a 1988 Eagle bus which has a PLC 2/16 Processor Firmware " F ' Series " C " We have info on a Smart Screen which is missing REQUIRE YOUR HELP PH.1-877-328-7787

It's possible your "Smart Screen" is one of the very old pushbutton-replacer panels. I think their Bulletin Number was 2700... check the label on the scanner card that runs to it, and try to figure out the Allen-Bradley part number of the device you need help with. This won't be a cheap fix; you're probably best off contacting your local Rockwell office for a reference to a freelance programmer in your area who has PLC-2 expertise. My own vintage controller guy is on long-term medical leave; we're helpless without him and we have to go deep into the barrel to find expertise for controllers as old as the PLC-2/16. Is the "Smart Screen" actually missing, or has it failed ? Is Eagle Bus in business anymore ? Most motor coach companies that use A-B controllers anymore use the SLC-500 and/or DeviceNet systems.

Ken writes in another e-mail: (I hope to see Ken Posting in here soon) Ken Bangma (bus-r-us@freedomcoach.net) on Tuesday, September 24, question: other comments: We have a Allen Brabley unit in a 1988 Eagle Bus. It is a large unit The pc with the key-battery- key -INTFC - and a small toggle swith. It is a MINI-PLC-2/16. WILL YOU HELP US WITH THIS ? PHONE 1-877-328-7787 KINGSTON ON.

I don't know what the Smart Screen is, guessing it a interface of some kind. But, the toggle switch is used to store the program currently in ram to the eeprom. if you hold it down the L.E.D. will stay on or blink, i don't remember which, but when it stops the write to eeprom will be done. so, don't do it if the current program is corupted!!! If, you can state the problem more specifically I may be able to help. I have a PLC 2 manual, and I learned to program using PLC2 many years ago.

Thanks for all the e-mail replies. Finally found them. How do I get to Talk LIVE to a Allen Bradley TECH.???? Is there not a phone # for them somewhere somehow???? Ken bus-r-us@freedomcoach.net

Rockwell Automation has sixteen offices in Canada and dozens of distributors; the nearest office to your location in Kingston is probably the national HQ in Cambridge. Their office phone # is (519) 623-1810, and you can ask for their GMS Field Service Manager. You can also call Rockwell Tech Support in the USA at (440) 646-5800. The problem is that your controller is so very old; they don't support the PLC-2 except by paid contract anymore so you're better off asking your local office for a reference for a PLC-2 capable troubleshooter in your area. These phone numbers aren't hard to find.... my local Allen-Bradley office number is right in the regular old phone book, under "A".

Hey guys, THANKS for all your help. We have found a allen bradley rep right here in in KINGSTON ON CANADA. We have gone to 4 states as far west as WA. to end right at home. This must be called going around in circles.