Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watts

E-designer, live parameters to PLC, setting PLC clock

10 posts in this topic

Hi! I am getting lost at the dead-end road. I want to use E-410 to set PLC's RTC (just like via GX-developer). ... and i can't find function in E-Designer to build this. Secondly, as project is based on comparing PLC's RTC with special time and date in schedule (if true -> do something), I want to use E-410 to set live parameters. Problem gets, if i set "D" fields, they get reset to zero after power loss. Any way to store those anywhere? BTW. i'm working in ladder-logic (GX-Developer) and E-designer (v7.13 build 272.1). hardware list:E-410, Fx1S-14MR-ES/UL If it matters, PLC<->E-410 are communicating via RS485, PC<->PLC via same network (e-410 must be off) and PC<->E-410 via RS232.

Im not familiar with that family of HMI, but for the PLC there are registers that are allocated as latched, or battery backed. For the FX1S the registers are D128-D255. This is explained in the programming manual section 4.12 devices in detail. The manual part number is JY992D88101-D. You can download this manual at meau.com Hope this helps. plcdp edit: meau is the US site for Mitsubishi, not sure what yours would be. Edited by plcdp

Thanks, this worked as charm :) Anybody knows how to set RTC via HMIs? I just adore that page on E-410 where you could set clock. :S

You have this in the E410 time channels. Just link page 991

About Date/Time format menu in E-Designer... I thought, or either i've dreamt about this option (E410->controller) that controller's RTC has priority over HMI-set register. So do i set the D8013 as register (d8013-d8019 range)? About Daylight Saving option, i guess this wouldn't function then, if i would have HMI and PLC disconnected? Gambit, many thanks!

You can sync either way HMI-> PLC or PLC-> HMI. Normally you would have to set the first register but I don't think it's necessary when you use an Mitsubishi driver. The Daylight Saving option will not work when the HMI is disconnected just like the time channels.

Therefore, for DST, i shall use this example, http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=815 but rather change D10x registers to D801(x) so real RTC would be set. About to start exploring, thanks again!

Nice. DST works fine even without HMI attached with that application (I had to rewrite it a little bit, but it worked) What's up with leap years at FX and HMI? autocorrected? Is there any possibility to control HMIs and FX's time via HMI-built-in Web server? Thanks again, Watts

The web server has the same accessibility as the HMI itself so If you put the time and date on the screen you will be able to access it.

Wonderful: This helps much! Already did get-data for IP, time and date. More to come :) Edited by watts