Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

v20

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone else received the tech note from AB or better yet experienced the issue with versions of rs5000 that program the fault state of modules, having the modules not revert to safe when the criteria demand?

I got their V20 "sales pitch". To tell the truth it pretty much ticked me off. I don't use flex IO (don't like it) but reading between the lines the tech note basically says- We aren't going to solve the problem in "old" versions so you have to spend money on the new stuff that nobody wants to buy right now. The note that I received was flex IO specific so I'll just continue as I have been. I've not ever had IO fail to go to the fault position (V19 currently)

Yeah I got that card also. Probably went to everyone with a toolkit. I do use the flex quite a bit, but not the modules listed.

Same here. We use Flex I/O but no analog modules. One problem we would have is that most of our Flex I/O is controlled by L55 processors, which only go up to V16. If this were a major issue for us, we would probably be out of luck, unless the "temporary workarounds" in KB #473836 they mention actually work. Of course, my login is broken so I can't get to the KB articles...

This one is available to "Everyone". https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/473836

As soon as I go the KB and search for an article, it takes me to the login screen, as does your link. I have a ticket open and call back a bit more than weekly for progress reports. Starting to get a little miffed, but our distributor is good about getting a tech support engineer on the phone for us so it hasn't been a show-stopper yet.

So your login doesn't work at all? Even when our tech connect expired once a couple of years ago I could still login but not see anything requiring paid access. Also, could you tried registering again? Even registering with a different name and without a tech connect contract at least you would be able to see "Everyone" stuff.

I'm about to that point, though I'm fine with calling them every time I need something, since we've only paid for web support. Maybe if it costs them a little money they'll get it fixed... ...or maybe not.

By the way, here's the error I get when I try to log in: RA_LoginError.bmp Edited by Joe E.