Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tsuki_Moon

PLC Communication

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am doing a project in which I may use EtherNet protocol for the communication between PLCs i.e. to know the status (busy or not) of one PLC, then control other PLC to continue the process. My idea is that addressing an output of the PLC which I want to know the status as in the link below http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/852575A6007E5FD3/all/BAF48F81F446A6DA852576C00070A630/$File/35013341_k01_000_05.pdf page 45 However, I am using the Premium PLC, not M340 PLC, and there is no ADDM function, but ADDR function. Are they the same? Other question, the output of ADDM or ADDR is an array of integer, how can I deal with it? Thanks for your time

Hi Moon, If you are really in AF lookup this guy. He is a real expert. Heartening to know that the Afghans are catching up quick on Automation For Ethernet addressing ADDM & ADDR are for M340 & Premium PLCs respectively. While using ADDR cofigure XWAY messaging. & use this XWAY address format in your READ_VAR/WRiITE_Var messaging. For example Addr('{1.100}0.0.0.1') .The Premium PLC's comms. instructions cannot use the IP address directly. All this is there in the HELP. regards, R. S. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer
1 person likes this

Thanks Raj. Sorry I am from AF, it is set automatically when I sign up to the forum :) I am quite new with PLC and programming it. Do you have any document about READ_VAR/WRITE_VAR functions. I am so confused when using them, even reading Help . Btw, thanks very much for your time

Hi Raj, Can you point out the wrong configuration of my LD code In there, ADDR is used to get the value from 0.2.25{192.168.1.21} , then READ_VAR is used to READ this string, then EXTRACT is used to convert the array get from READ_VAR into integer for controling Reset_Light. Thanks very much

The addr syntax is wrong.-you have to set up the network and node number in 'messaging' setup for the ethernet network. Ref my posts in the forums, right now I dont have unity pro else I'd have shown you. Regards, Raj S.iyer
1 person likes this

How to ref your posts :) It is "vote the post up", right low conner, isn't it? Just the address syntax or any other problem (with READ_VAR, EXTRACT functions) ? It might be a silly question but .. how to set up the network and how to node number in 'messaging' setup for the Ethernet network . I will tell you when I know how to :) One other thing, nice to meet you Raj

Dear Moon, There are 4 mistakes. 1. You have to define a variable at RECP which is the buffer containing the result of communication. This reception Zone has to be at least 1 integer long and the bits which are read from the slave will be mapped inside this integer. 2. The Read_Var block also does not read %I objects. You have to map your DIs to %M objects. 3. Against GEST parameter in the Read_Var block, define an array of 4 integers. Lets do this in Data Editor......... Like DiagZone (Array [0..3] of Int) which will help you debug your comms. 4. When I say Addr('{1.100}0.0.0.1') it means '{1.100}0.0.0.1' is the STRING variable attached to the input of the Addr Block. In the Project Tree, look under Communications>Ethernet_1 and in the MESSAGING Tab on the Right panel you have to configure the XWAY address 1.100 & 0.0.0.1 corresponding to your ethernet IP address of 192.168.1.21. This is because the ADDR block CANNOT USE the IP ADDRESS directly. For Premium PLCs the string is required to be input in XWAY notation! For heaven's sake get it right by reading Unity-Pro help. As I said earlier, at present I'm not having access to Unity-Pro. All this is from my mobile. Best wishes, Raj S. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer
1 person likes this