bendco

Ethernet Programming

4 posts in this topic

I have a MicroLogix 1100 going to a LAN switch, then I have two Telesis machines connected to the LAN switch through two Digi serial to ethernet converters. I have been able to get the Digi's to show up in RS Linx and communicate. But I have never programed and AB MicroLogix 1100 to send and recieve messages through Ethernet/IP. So any Help; wisdom, Demo Programs, or walkthroughs would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome! Check the downloads section, Allen-Bradley. THere is a program which uses a ML 1100 talking to a Cognex vision system. Should get you going... here's a link. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=683

Do those Telisis talk Ethernet in so what version if they do? The ones I did years ago only talked serial ASCII. They didn't talk df1

On 4/23/2012 at 2:48 PM, bendco said:

I have a MicroLogix 1100 going to a LAN switch, then I have two Telesis machines connected to the LAN switch through two Digi serial to ethernet converters. I have been able to get the Digi's to show up in RS Linx and communicate. But I have never programed and AB MicroLogix 1100 to send and recieve messages through Ethernet/IP. So any Help; wisdom, Demo Programs, or walkthroughs would be much appreciated. Thanks

Good Morning,  Was this ever resolved? i went to the link provided but was not there.   I have the same set up with a different PLC using a DIGI One IAP bridge to go from serial to ethernet and i am having lots of issues with the set up because the information online is kind of limited.  Please let me know if there was any resolution to this.

Best,

Pintauro