Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Creating Buzzer to signal Alarm

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am programming an alarm screen on to NS 5 paired with a CJ1M PLC. When the alarms activate the screen overides the others and displays the particular alarm or event. There is a crucial alarm that when activated I would like a Buzzer to sound does any one know how I can do this. I have changed the settings in the PT to Buzzer on. I read in the help that bit SB14 turns the Buzzer on but cant find it when I try to apply to a particular alarm. Regards Peter

If your system memory is mapped into the PLC, you can just turn on the bit in the PLC and the buzzer will sound. How do you do this? 1) Go to the PT pulldown and choose system settings. 2) Click on the Initial Tab and set the System memory to be written to the PLC. I have chosen W50 and W60 arbitrarily. See below: 3) Then click the System Memory list button (arrow is pointing to it in the window above). 4) Make sure at least the first two groupings of the $SB allocations are checked as shown in the picture below. You can click the next button to see all of the memory options from the system bits and words that can be mapped into the PLC. Press OK. 5) Download your project. So then with the settings in this example, W50.13 would be a short intermittent buzzer and W50.14 would be a long intermittent buzzer. There are many functions in the System Bits and Words, be sure to check them out. If you do not want to map the System bits, then you can create a project macro that will turn on $SB14 when the read alarm bit turns on. Edited by Michael Walsh

Many Thanks Michael, Will try tomorrow. Regards Peter