Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mahmoud_ics

FactoryTalk Error Message

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, i need help about this message when i start FactoryTalk View Studio, "this software requires personalized information that cannot be read." My Laptop is under Windows 7 - 32 bits / I5 Processor / 4Go Ram (but it indicates the only 2Go can be use) The FactoryTalk Version is 6.1 Who can help me to resolve this problem

Sounds like something is wrong with your activation. On initial installation AB ties their software based on its own serial #, the MAC address of the computer it is stored on, and an activation number received from them when you pay. If any of the three changes or the contract expires....you are dead in the water. go to your start menu, rockwell automation, factorytalk view, activiations tab and see what it shows for status.

It's something messed up in the installation, not an Activation problem. There are several references to it in the RA Knowledgebase: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33255 As a new FTView 6.10 user you ought to have a Support contract. Get familiar with using it.

Hello, nothing is abnormal with activation, in the column "expires" i have "n/a", and it is not a problem with activation as confirmed by the tech support :(

Hi, i tried to resolve my problem with the tech support using this technote, i would like to confirm that on my laptop, there is no antivirus installed, no extra softwares, no firewall... it was never connected to internet so windows 7 was never updated.... All services are OK like in the technote.