Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dhinch63

Attached Module is not a Logix Controller

4 posts in this topic

This is truly frustrating. In the last couple months I have been recieving this message when trying to go online with RSLogix5000 "Failed to go online with controller, the attached module is not a logix controller" Well indeed it is. I have a huge ethernet network and sometimes there are no issues and sometimes it take 5-6 tries to get online. I have RSMACC running as well and using RSView for a Plant Metrics system. However, the RSView has never caused an issue. I think it has something to do with RSMACC

what method are you using to link up? are you clicking on who is active and selecting from a link, or trying to just click go online and let it browse to find the processor on its own. I have had more luck using the who is active method, it seems sometimes the AB software needs a little nudge in the right direction.

I have tried it both ways. My network is half Ethernet and half DH+. The front end is a Controllogix Gateway, with 4 DH+ modules and 2 Ethernet modules. Then Fiber optic to a network switch, which then we go wireless. I have checked just about everything. I never have an issue with DH+, just ethernet to CL5000.

Which ethernet driver are you using. I recently had trouble with the one I had been using for years, then speaking with tech support they said since I upgraded my software it would be better to use the drive where I manually have to enter all addresses I want to link to. Have had no problems since when using that driver.