Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lazy

Siemens Training Manuals/CD

4 posts in this topic

Hi I have looked high and low on the internet for some Siemens Training (for free of course). I have a lot of experience with Telemecanique/Modicon, Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi. I have a possibilty of quoting for a fairly large project but the customer has insisted on S7. I have a copy of S7 and S5 but I would need to have a good understanding of both to be able to take on the project. Would anyone have a training manual or CD for S5 and/or S7 that I could get. I would really appreciate it as I am only after setting up my company and do not have the funds necessary to put myself on a Siemens course. Anything I can do in return on the other PLC's I will. Feel free to mail me on wiltshirecomputing@eircom.net Lazy

I can really recomend this books by Hans Berger, Automating with SIMATIC and Automating with STEP 7 in LAD and FBD. They will give you a good grip of the Siemens Step7 controls. They are also avaliable in Step5 versions but iam not sure that there are English versions i have onle seen the German ones. Siemens have also gatherd a bit of material on their website Siemens material .

You can download the manuals you need on the website:www.ad.siemens.com.cn/download/manual/en/as Edited by kingwong

If you've programmed Modicon in IEC mode (with Concept), then you should find the software for the S7 fairly intuitive. It's IEC programming, same as Concept, same as AB's RSLogix 5000. It's not dificult to learn if you never programmed IEC. First place to go is the www.sea.siemens.com website and look for the automation section. You can download any manuals and such right there.