Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basheera

error displayed on hmi

13 posts in this topic

hi everyone. i am trying to connect my ge versammax 23 with cmore hmi.while trying to connect ,an error " plc-499 error code 0x0000 returned from plc" is displayed on the hmi. i am unable to understand it. can any body help me out on this.

The PLC-499 error indicates something related to the driver you're using to communicate with the PLC. However, the C-More help file for the GE SNPX driver doesn't list 0x0000 as one of the returned codes. At any rate, the PLC doesn't like something about a request from the C-More. Try going to the C_More setup menu (touch and hold the upper LH corner of the screen) to see if you can get additional information from the error log.

Thanks steve. one thing more i would like to discuss with you is that when selecting for plc protocol in cmore software,there was no option of our plc (Ge versamax).there was an option of 90-30(SNPX).we have to choose an option.so we chose this option. Do u think this might be a problem. If yes than what should i do.

steve ,one more question ,would i needing a ge snpx driver.while configuring serial ports,the snpx option is not there.

At the PLC end, configure your port for SNP. At the C-More, there is only one choice for GE. The 90-30 SNPX selection for the PLC CPU will work for the VersaMax, although the 90-30 permits a wider address range than the VersaMax. As long as the addresses you assign to tags in the C-More fall within the limits of the VersaMax, you'll be OK. An address out of range will generate a PLC-499 error code. You should look at the details of the communications error on the C-More. Touch and hold the upper left hand corner of the C-More screen to get access to the setup menu where you will be able to view the error log. That will tell youexactly what PLC address the C-More was trying to access when the error occurred. Given that, you can figure out which C-More tag was involved. If your problem is an invalid PLC address assigned to a tag, you will be able to correct it. Which PLC port are you using? Did you purchase a cable or make your own? Look at the LEDs on the C-More port. They indicate traffic on the port. Are both of them blinking or only the "TX" LED?

Thanks steve. Only Tx LED is blinking.While RXD is continuously on. We have set SNP Master in the Configuration of serial port( Serial port with RJ45 connector). We have made cable by own.The cable has one RJ 45 end and one DB15 end. We have got the wire configuration from Cmore document.The link for document is (Go to 6-27) http://www.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/eauserm/ch6.pdf Edited by basheera

Double check your port settings. I just remembered the annoying fact that the C-More's default settings for the GE SNPX protocol (9600 baud, no parity) don't match GE's default settings (19200 baud, odd parity).

i changed the the Cmore's default settings. I set (19200 baud,odd parity).Still the error is present.Are these settings right.or can u tell me what settings should i use

19200 baud, odd parity are GE default settings, but they can be changed in the hardware configuration file. When you check the GE hardware configuration to make sure it matches the C-More, make sure you are setting the correct port. The RJ-45 is port 1. In the C-More port configuration, make sure you have selected "No" for "Select RS-485". What version of C-More software are you using? My version (2.73) lists the VersaMax Micro. The complete description of the protocol is: "GE SNPX (90/30 90/70 Micro90 VersaMaxMicro)" Edited by Steve Bailey

i am using viewjet cmore software. it lists GE 90-30(SNPX) only

My apologies. I just re-read the details of your post #6. The PLC port should be set as a slave, not as a master. The C-More is the SNP master.

Steve, a strange glitch has occurred. i am unable to connect to plc via proficy machine edition.I have checked the cable properly but the cable is ok. last time i have downloaded the progam on it through port 1 with SNP Master configuration(on Port 1). Do you think this might be problem. And steve can u tell me how i can reset my plc (versamax) to factory settings. is it possible that i can use port 2 for programming.Which is DB 15 (for which i will be needing a configuration of DB15-DB9).