Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

Connect two CPU CJ2M

8 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a question for you all. Is it possible to create an ethernet connection between 2 CPU CJ2M through their onboard ethernet card? I would like to share some DM words between the 2 CPUs. Thanks! Valerio

Hi Valerio, You can use the FINS SEND&RECV function bloks for this. You can import them from Omron FB library installed with CX-One, C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\Lib\FBL\omronlib\PLC\CPU _CPU010_SendData.pdf _CPU011_ReceiveData.pdf

Thank you very much! I already did this kind of connection in the past between two ETN21 but I was thinking that CJ2M onboard ethernet is not equivalent to ETN21. Is it??Any difference?? Thanks again! *** edit *** I've seen that onboard ethernet does not support socket opening, that's the difference I read about in the past Edited by valerio81

Yes correct it does not support socket services but it does support FINS commands!

Hi That is very easy: Declare some net-variabls in your global symbol table ( use arrays ) input and output. Open cxconfigurator create the network and add the 2 PLC. Download the conf. in the 2 PLCs Done!!! There is a video on myomron.com Banker

Good suggestion Banker, of course the CJ2M also supports Ethernet I/P I asume you are referring to this article? http://www.myomron.c...kb&article=1321

Yes this is the article. Btw. is it necessary with a switch / router or has the Ethernet port auto sense. Banker

You don'nt need to use function blocks. A simple SEND or RECV instruction will work spot on.