Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest fuji300

Using GE Series One software to connect to PLC

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to use the GE Logicmaster Series One software v 1.05 to connect with the following CPU D3-330 from automationdirect. I'm using a GE Series One Programmable controller on top of the CPU (Not sure this is what I'm suppose to use). I'm also using a GE Fanuc IC630CBL391A cable for the communications with the controller. When I set up the serial port inside the program and set the port it says no communication with the CPU. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm going to assume that what you're calling a "GE Series One Programmable controller on top of the CPU" is in fact a Data Communications Unit (IC610CCM105). The cable you're using is for connection to an interface card for the PC that has a 9-pin RS422 port. Most likely your PC's COM port is RS232. There are a couple of things you can do. First, you can try to get yourself an RS232/RS422 converter and make up the necessary cables. Or, you can purchase a converter from Automation Direct (part number FA-UNICON, $95). I can't confirm that the GE Logimaster One software will be able to read the program from a D3-330 CPU. Maybe someone else has tried it and can report on whether or not it was successful. You may want to consider purchasing DirectSoft32 software for the DL305 from AD. Part number PC-PGM-305 is only $199. So for $294 and a little bit of fiddling around with cables, you should be good to go.