Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k_Snegi

B&R CP70

8 posts in this topic

Dear All, Good evening, This is my first post to this forum and I hope I will get help from here. I need to work on a B&R CPU CP70 which seems very old module of B&R, i am also tring to get help form the Indian contact of the B&R automation but so far I didn't get any reply. Is anybody out there how can tell me what software I need to upload download and programming this CPU, any manual will be a great help on this. Warm Regards Harry

Hi Snegi, how could you manage to stuck with this one ? I was working earlier with CP60 and CP80 - I dont know CP70 but I guess it is just the thing in the middle. You need a software called "PROSYS". That software will run under DOS Mode only and it will need an early days Windows as host for DOS. I am not sure, but I think XP already does not work anymore. But that is not all: you need also a special Online Adapter. There was one for the parallel port and another one for the serial ? Not sure about that either. It is simply to long ago. I was checking in a German forum and people could organize some stuff from the B&R Headquater (Eggelsberg, Austria, see Homepage). Maybe it is better to get in contact with support in Austria for Documentation and so on... Once you can manage to go Online you can do an upload - but dont expect nothing, everything will be displayed as STL (statement list) without any comments. Labels for jump and so on will be 4 letters. Ladder diagrams are all converted to STL br bb

Thanks for the prompt reply .......hope it will help me........

Hello, the CP70 was the strongest CPU (and latest?) This one is so hard to find and very expensive when you get one. The parallel online adapter is called BRKAOL5-1. B&R in Austria has reproduced a view pieces last year, but i am not shure that they have some in stock at last. Also you need a PC running DOS and have a parallel port. I know a company in Austria which have buyed some from B&R, but they sold the most of them and have at least only one brand new on stock at there shop at the moment. I am not shure if i can tell the companys name here in the forum, if you want me to, i have to ask the board admin. They also have the serial adapter (only one piece - extremely rare!!!) called BRADOL-0, which is the better choice in my opinion. I have worked with it using PROSYS with DOS in a virtual machine under XP and it worked. The PC can be newer and have to have only a serial (RS232) port. br ASTRA Edited by ASTRA

If it is relevant to the topic you can post links and names of companies that may help. Board admin.

thanks for all the hleps so far....the project is delayed due to some problmes with the company.......I will let you all know the results and status .thanks again for so much time to spare for me....

Dear Everybody, I found this post and I have problem with same plc which needs programming. Does anybody have the Prosys software to share, or please information where to get it and the interface too ? Thanks

I would recommend you contact B&R to see if they still offer it.