Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Moore

Training for PID tuning, recommendations?

5 posts in this topic

HI folks, I have a client that recently haired a new grad Chemical Engineer to assume the role of "controls" engineer. They plan on sending him to ladder logic trainging, HMI training, and loop tuning training. They asked me for a recommended class on loop tuning. I do not have a clue, never been to one, and loop tuning is not one of my strengths. Has anyone been to a class, that they would recommend?

Ken. I can only speak for their UK operation but I have always found IDC to be good for this type of training. It goes without saying that the student must have the required basic skills to start the course. In my experience trying to train people without the basic mathematical skills in PID is a waste of time. This course seems to be available in the US. http://www.idc-online.com/training_courses/instrumentation/?code=PL%20%20%20%20&country=United+Kingdom

I can strongly recommend the ISA offering Tuning Control Loops (TC05). Here is a link to their website for information. http://www.isa.org/Template.cfm?Section=Find_Training&template=/contentmanagement/contentdisplay.cfm&contentID=88584 Edited by bartolim

Thanks, the ISA course looks interesting.

Hi Ken, Last year I did the Rockwell course PID Loop Development and Tuning course. It was provided by Rockwell traiing here in Ireland. It was a very good course.