Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark_Dog

SLC5/03

8 posts in this topic

I hope someone out there can help me out with this. I am looking for information on how SLC5/03 & 04 processors start-up in the rack. Not just basic information but more detail. Booting up, internal checks, loading the program etc.

I started a post a while back with the same question but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking.

Beryl, It's not about AB, but this is the post you are looking for.

You are correct Jay. Thanks, I did find this other thread at a different location (sorry) that I think would be bennificial.

What does the acronym SLC stand for?

Thanks alot beryl that was just what I was looking for. Interesting enough I have never seen any books or documentation that covers this. Does AB have books detailing these things I just don't know about?

Jupho, “SLC” stands for “Small Logic Controller” ... basic idea: it does the same job as the PLC-5 family of processors ... but by packaging it in a smaller plastic format, Allen-Bradley can sell it for (rule of thumb) about 1/3 the cost of the heavier PLC-5 ... friendly advice: don’t run out and buy one until you’ve mastered that PLC-5/25 animal ... once you’ve got the PLC-5 behind you, the SLC platform will be quite easy to get used to ... best regards, Ron

I am sure that somewhere there is a book that details this. However, I don't know where it is...