Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

V1000 and CJ2M

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm buying a new CJ2M and I have to command 3 V1000 drivers. The cheaper solution is to buy a serial for CJ2M and connect it to V1000 in Modbus. But I know that I have to write lot of software because there are not FB as in the system "CJ1M + SCU+ V1000" Is it true? Anyone has a suggestion? It's better to buy a SCU for this system too or there are any FB already done for this kind of application? Thanks a lot in advance

With a little knowledge of the Modbus protocol, and the Modbus register / coil mapping in the V1000, you can do this via Modbus with an SCU module. See the Modbus Master for CS / CJ1 / CJ2 / CP1L / CJ1H. http://forums.mrplc....ds&showfile=867 CJ2M-CPU3x (built in EtherNet/IP) will also work with V1000 just fine. Edited by PMCR
1 person likes this

What you mean by that? Do I need a special EtherNet/IP card on V1000 in this configuration? And with CIF01 on CJ2M is possible to do something? Actually is the way I would like to work. By now I try to check your file.! thank you! Valerio

To use EtherNet/IP, you would need an add on module for the V1000. Once this is configured using the Omron Network Configurator for EtherNet/IP, there is no programming required for the communications. You simply turn on / off bits to move the motor forward, stop, etc, and change integer values to set the frequency. The Protocol Macro Modbus RTU solution is usually less expensive if you have multiple inverters, as you only need to buy 1 SCU module for the PLC to support many inverters on Modbus RTU. The CIF01 in a CJ2M is not a good Modbus choice, as the port does not have a mode of operation that supports Modbus RTU like the CP1L or CP1H. The CRC16 checksum is the difficult portion of Modbus for most PLCs, and the Protocol Macro function of the SCU modules will calculate the CRC16 for you.

thank you very much for this information, I think I'll use SCU for this application!!