Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hawkeye

E900 is poorly!

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a E900 which I have been making adjustments to for a couple of hours today. It has been no bother, transferring the project about 5 times until now. It shows me the start up screen but now doesn’t switch to transfer mode and actually won’t move from the start up screen using the buttons. I have checked that all relevant settings are correct i.e. Baud rate and Automatic RUN/TRANSFER switching. I have also used a second cable. The screen has been re-booted several times but is still stuck on the startup screen. Any ideas please. Is there a manual overall reset button on the HMI that I have missed? Best regards Kevin

Turn off the power, press Backspace + F22 and power on the terminal. Format the following: 1. Delete driver 2. Format flash 3. Clear clock ram Then reboot the terminal and try to transfer the program again.

Thank you sooooo much kaare_t' you are a diamond!! I spoke to Mitsubishi and they couldnt help so i will forward that info on to them as well. Many thanks Kev

You're welcome. Smart thing to inform Mitsubishi, they should really know this

E-terminals are a third party product, and from my experience with them in the US, the provider doesn't do a very good job of testing or supporting new hardware or software. I won't touch them anymore. GOT1000 all the way.

I agree, sadly their support system is poorly. However I've taken a look at the new iX platform and it looks promising. However, in any way the support system needs to be there or else it's worth nothing....

E-Terminals are from Beijer Electronics. This company is located in Sweden. The older terminals (MAC- and MAC-E-Series) were also made in Sweden. E1000-Series are manufactured in far east. In the past Beijer was representing Mitsubishi Electric in Scandinavia. Beside operator panels they had developed the software MELSEC MEDOC. Nowadays Mitsubishi prefers to sell there own products and is trying to push customers here to use GOTs. Support for the Beijer units has never been so good here too, it was always better to contact Beijer in Sweden. But the quality of the E-Terminals and also the support came recently down. A few years ago Beijer bought Lauer, a german producer of operator panels. I guess this wan't a good choice so far. I rather like to use the GOTs now, but still using E-Terminals as well.

Hardware failures out of the box, constant problems with program loss, and firmware upgrade issues pushed me off the E-terminal years ago. E1000 wasn't much more impressive. The GOT1000 is a far superior product, and you get special features when you pair a Mitsubishi screen with a Mitsubishi PLC. Things like built-in system monitor, ladder monitor, ladder editor, network monitors, etc. make the GOT something the E1000 can't be. It's a third party product, and thankfully there are not many of those in the Mitsubishi product line.

Hi Guys, I have the same problem with a GOT 1000 series HMI...... is there a similar fix?

GOT and E-Series are totally different discussions. You should create a new topic. The OS in the GOT can be upgraded from within GT Works. So you can erase the entire HMI and start over. Transfer the Boot OS.

My E900 was showing System Error. As suggested I cleared the memory and deleted the driver. Previously I was downloading to an ethernet expansion port. Now I cannot ping the IP address. Does anyone know how I can input the IP address? Or do I need to do something more drastic? Thanks