Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Kennedy

Protool / Protool Pro

9 posts in this topic

We have an issue with work where we have lost our working copy of Protool RT/Pro. I am struggling to find anyone who has a copy that can be shared. I have full Siemens authorisation for this, as I remember rightly an installation without this would just gve me a `demo mode` so I think I am ok to be asking for this. Any help would be hugely appreciated, we are desperate for this as at the moment we only have 1 installation across 18 engineers! Thanks in advance!

Have you called your distributor? Or the tech support line? They may be able to help.

Tech support will not supply it any more, they say it is now obsolete. They basically said that their technology has a 10 year life cycle, which apparently isnt very old these days. In the home that may be the case but in factories, come on. Ill keep searching

You *may* be able to convert the ProTool project to WinCC Flex, but I don't know if it will still be compatible with your HMI. Tech support should be willing to help with at least that much. I seem to remember going through something like this at my previous employer, but we had the software. We just needed to migrate it over to a newer HMI since the original HMI was no longer available. A colleague did the conversion, so I don't know what's involved really, other than the fact that he had some trouble with the recipe functions.

Someone stolen my laptop few year ago. I called Siemens with the licence certificate on hand and they have reactivated my licence with author. Call Siemens tech support. I don't think you'll found someone here who want to copy their licence.

I have the license, its the actual software I need. You can distribute the software freely as without a license it just switches into demo mode. I called tech support and they no longer offer any version of protool. The website only has updates from 6.0 so I still need the original CD or download. I can convert to WinCC without issue but the screens I need it for are not supported by WinCC (TP27 OP17 etc etc). Ill keep searching, thanks for hints / help so far!

What version is your Protool Pro vx.x spx ? Is it the programming software that you are missing, or only the PC RT software ?

Hi, I don't understand you. You have paid the license, right? Then you are legal owner. Check on other sites, like torrent's .... For you that download it will be legal... dekor

your local SIemens office or distributor should be able to cut you a copy of the original CD providing you have the license documents. EVen though the product is now obselete, if you do misplace the authorisation, that can still be re-instated via the hotline centres provided you have the license documents.