Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dolke

AEG ALU200 / AS-BALU-200

3 posts in this topic

Hi to all. I got a good deal recently and bought older AEG/Modicon modular PLC with 3 additional cards (one input and 2 output). Here is the full description that I found on the device declaration label: AEG/Modicon ALU200 / AS-BALU-200 M/N 042 244 690 C/N 6728 CPU, 1xRS232 4.0K EPROM Cads has these codes: DEO216, DAO216 and DAO216. I was unable to find specification sheets and other programming tutorials as well as software needed to manipulate PLCs program. What can you tell me regarding this device? I found that Modicon was purchased by some other hardware manufacturer but unable to find which one. Also, as I'm familiar with the CoDeSys V2.3 can I use it to reprogram this device, is it supported by CoDeSys? What can you tell me about this device generaly? Where is it most often used, in which kind of processes, and what is average costs for this device, new and used? Thank you all in advance. Dean Addition: Here is the picture of the same configuration like mine. Picture is taken from eBay. Edited by Dolke
1 person likes this

Here is some things that I found out during this weekend. I manage to download demo program PLC Workshop 32 for Modicon. I think this software is used to manipulate Modicon PLCs but I was unable to find out which processor type is in mine ALU 200. Somebody said that it is 984 but there are line of products starting with that code in the PLC workshop, like 20+ processors. Also I was unable to connect to the PLCs although I used USB to serial cable as I dont have rs232 port on my laptop. I installed drivers and it seems that cable is ok and that problems lye in something else. Any suggestion is appreciated. Dean

Anything?