Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
servo_hunts

Is it possible to use label in GT1000 Series?

14 posts in this topic

Dear All, Is it possible to use label in GT1000 Series? I used the GXW2 and GTD3 in my project. For ex.i used "temp" variable in plc.can i define the same variable in GTD3 directy(i.e.without using PLC built in Devices)?

If you are using structured programming you can use the global var names and reuse them in GT designer. You will however still need to assign an address to the global variable. When you change the address though it will also change in GT designer after an update of the variables. For this to work you will need the navigator software!!

You must use the MELSOFT Navigator to do this, but you can set any global label to be a system label, and the GOT can read system labels. It is not required that those labels are assigned addresses Gambit, the compiler will assign an address automatically from the automatic assignment pool if it is not fixed to an address in the global label list. www.meau.com has an excellent quick start guide on the use of system labels.

Crossbow you are right you do not have to..., but I would still suggest you do. If you don't every time you change something in the PLC program and do a full compile the assigned addresses might change and you would have to do an update of your HMI as well. if you assign the addresses yourself you can also optimize communication by selecting devices which are in sequence which will minimize the request sent from the HMI to the PLC. Crossbow have you worked with the new template feature of GT designer 1.40 yet? Edited by Gambit

You are absolutely correct. I would assign them addresses in most cases as well. But the only time the order the addresses are handed out is would change is when the order of labels in the label lists was modified. If you always add labels at the bottom of the list, this is not a problem.

Hi Crossbow, do you have a link to the quick start guide? Thx DJTron

www.meau.com is the North/South America branch of Mitsubishi Electric. You may not be able to get onto the site from Europe. Mitsubishi Europe should have something similar. Try this link. http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/getfile.asp?ID=045000000000000001000004944400000 It was written for an earlier version of software, but the basics have not changed.

Great - it wasn't any problem to access this page. (Actually the European page is something like Fort Knox. Every time you access the page, you need to logon again and every half year you must change your Password etc.) The usage of labels is something, that I really missed for decades for the GOT. I was happy to realise that this is somehow now avaiable. But I'm still not sure if it is convenient, since there are many single steps necessary. E.g. with the Bradley is really smart. Edited by djtron

If logging into a website and changing a password is Fort Knox, then I missed something.

We'll - I'm using several PCs, and I have always to login manually. E.g. I close the browser windows, you need to login again. But the US page is simply open. I could download there even a software without logging in. If it was a least possible to use the automatical login of a browser, but it isn't. That's why I called it scornfully Fort Knox: It is annoying.

MEAU does not have software for download, except for the free configuration tools.

Exactly this was what I needed. The configuration software " FX Configurator-EN" - latest version. I had recently installed iQ Works and I wanted to configurate a system existing of FX3U and ENET. But therefore, the mentioned software must be installed on the PC. Since I didn't had it, I conntacted the Mitsu support to find out - this I was told to do in the manual. But they told me, that it is not possible to use it so far in relation wih iQ Works... So I went to the US page, downloaded the software (without login in or so), installed it and then I could simply configurate the system with ENET modul. On the european site you cannot find even this software. You must first login - don't forget, every time again. No password will be saved neither the username. And when you registered the software, you'll find it in your software pool.

i try to Connect my g0t 1000 with my mr-j2s-70a without plc i see at GT designer Device PRM=parameter AL=alarm DI=input DO=output other GD=? GS=? GB=? i dont know help me please....

Check the GOT manual... GD is GOT internal data registers, GS is GOT status information, and GB is bits internal to the GOT.