Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCs_R_Fun

AB 1768-L34 Firmware 16.23

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has a link or can send a file of the 16.23 firmware flash file for the CompactLogix 1768-L34 Series B. Allen-Bradley only offer 16.24.2 now and I am needing to load a program from non-volatile memory to the PLC and it requires 16.23. We do not control the PLC program and versions etc as it is a program that is still under heavy Intulectul Property protection and is protected accordingly. So we can only achieve minimal results on-site for replacement of the PLC and as the company is in New Zealand and we are based in Port Hedland it is easier for us to do this and not fly someone accross. Many thanks, Rob

My understanding of the way CompactFlash and the Store/Load feature work in the CompactLogix is that the controller firmware as well as the user program are stored in a binary image file. When you Load from a CF into a controller, you are also installing the firmware that was stored with the program. There's an option for "inhibit automatic firmware update" that I'm unfamiliar with. Did the program vendor use the serial number matching feature when they stored the program ? That's something that many heavy-intellectual-property-protectors do to prevent a user from copying their application. That feature requires that you keep an entire loaded CPU as a spare, or get one from the OEM, rather than just backing up the program on a CF card.