Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OFSroy

GX developer version

3 posts in this topic

I have a mitsubishi A2ushcpu-s1 and I do not have the code for it. It came from another place. I have an early version of GX developer which allows me to see the ladder that is there with no comments. But someone said it was programmed in GX IEC using SFC. In the ladder there is one rung that uses a M90xx bit to stop the SFC, but I see no other mention. My questions are; If I can see the ladder in GX developer does that mean that there is no other code on this CPU in another programming language? Does Gx Developer translate from machine code to ladder or what ever? If I make changes to the ladder will I over write any SFC or IEC code using GX developer? Thanks

The project may have been created in GX IEC Developer even if you can read it with GX Developer. GX IEC is compile based and converts to IL, but GX Developer can read IL directly from the PLC (and convert it to ladder). So basically if you change the code with GX Developer and download it to the PLC you are changing the actual code.

If there is a file in the project files called SOFTCTRL.PRO then GX IEC Developer was used. However, GX Developer does offer SFC programming, so it is possible for it to be a GX Developer project and have SFC in it.