Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pattyo

CP1H does not connect to CP1W-CIF41

13 posts in this topic

I have another question regarding these add-on modules because I can't get it to work. I have plugged in the CP1W-CIF41 ethernet module into the right position of my CP1H PLC. The left has a CP1W-CIF01 RS232 module plugged in but it is not connected to anything yet. I have switched DIP 4 and 5 to the 'On' positions. I have plugged a the CIF41 into a switch and then into my computer, configured the IPs (PC is 192.168.250.1 and CIF41 is 192.168.250.2). I can connect to it just fine and change the routing tables, IP config, etc. However, when I try to connect to the PLC as I would using the USB cable, it says failed to connect, and there is a flashing red light on the front of the CIF41. I have followed sample application 1, section 9-12 of W450-e1-06, exactly to no avail. So I have 2 questions right now: -We are using CX Programmer 8.01. The manual recommends using 8.1 or higher. Is this the cause of my issues? -Is this a weird case (like the DA041) where the PLC will not be recognized, but I can write to memory anyway? Thanks in advance.

I was referring to when I go PLC>Auto Online> Ethernet/IP Node Online. I select Ethernet/IP Connection, enter 192.168.250.2 and then 'Connect', but it says it fails.

The CP1W-CIF41 is NOT Ethernet/IP. It is a FINS Ethernet connection. If you want Ethernet/IP, you would need to use a CP1W-EIP61.

Thanks for the info. Do you know where I should look for more information about the FINS protocol? I'm a newbie when it comes to software and network configuration, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

CX-Programmer will support this directly. Modify the Change PLC box Network type and setting as shown in the attachment. Just set the IP address for the plc.

I tried that exactly, but when I try to 'open' the PLC it says it cannot connect.

Did you update your software to the latest revision? Pretty sure you will need at least CX-P v8.1 to make this work.

I'm working on updating it now. I registered my license key and I'm trying to find out how to update. edit: It tells me that there are no updates available. I have access to a library of files, but I'm not sure how to use them. Edited by pattyo

From your Start menu / Omron program group / CX-One, you should have a CX-One Auto Update (or something similar). This should connect to the update server and allow you to select which updates you want to install. Hope this helps.

I contacted Omron again and after none of the update utilities worked, it turns out that CX-Programmer Jr. does not have the ability to update. He gave me some files via FTP and I manually updated from 8.01 to 8.1. I was still having the issues though. After an hour on the phone with a tech support rep, going through all the settings and clearing the PLC memory, we were able to make it work. The IP Address table had a weird 0.0.0.0 stored IP address and error status that wouldn't go away until we reset everything and cleared the error codes. Thanks for the direction, I'm just glad this is finally working.

Glad to know it is working. I should have asked about the CX-P Jr. thing. Thanks for posting that is it working and the solution.