Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gendy

PCMK DH+ card

9 posts in this topic

hi, i need to communicate with PLC 5, 5/15 classic i have PCMK DH+ card but when we change the laptop with new one i didn't find a PCMCIA slot , and another laptop have PCMCIA slot but the connector didn't match the PCMK card is there any solutions for communicate with PLC 5 classic without DH+ is there any adapter to use my PCMK card with any laptop (using USB port , or any standard port in new laptop) i found " U111M USB to PC Card Read-Writer 1 Slot PCMCIA PC " on http://www.synchrotech.com/products/card-rw_14-u111m_elan__ata_flash_sram_pcmcia_memory.html could it work , in that case how i configure the communication in RSlinx?

Does your laptop have a express card slot? If so see link below. http://www.plctalk.n...+card+to+pcmcia Or a 1784-U2DHP adapter see PDF's below 1784u2dhp.pdf ABDH_Adapter.pdf Edited by Mickey

depending on what you're trying to accomplish, it might be cheaper to just replace the PLC-5/15 processor with a used PLC-5/20 ... then you could use a cheap null-modem cable on the processor's serial port ... note: do NOT replace it with a PLC-5/25 - despite the higher model number, that one is a "classic/older" model that does NOT have a serial port ...

Thanks for advice but i have about 10 processor , so i need to use my PCMK card by USB converter if it is possible

Let us know if that works, I don't recall anyone trying that or finding one that works. Edited by Mickey

I have old laptop it works ok with PCMK DH+ card but it is old it may fail soon new laptop didn't have express card i try another one but i found that the DH+ card connector didn't fit the slot ( i think DH+ card 64 and the laptop slot 32) so i try to find adapter for my DH+ card to use it with any laptop

i need to verify from any one is it work or not, anyway if i use it i ll post my feedback, Do you have any suggestion for another cheap solution (few hundred)?

Old laptop with a PCMCIA slot.

thanks , i ll use used laptop dell latitude D630