Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
proviton

CX version 1.0 ---> CX version 9.1

6 posts in this topic

hello all. I have the problem to use the ladder program that i was written using CX PROGRAMMER 1.0 to be use at CX-PROGRAMMER 9.1. The type of files are like this - .cxe (for version 1.0) - .cxp (for version 9.1) What can i do to solve my problem? thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure that the file names have always been .cxp. I am not sure what a .cxe file is (a quick search revealed that it is some type of Common XML Envelope file). You should be able to open any older CX-Programmer file with a newer version.

A quick look at the filetypes shows that *.cxe is associated to CP1E project files, which did not exist yet in CX-Programmer V1, as the CP1E series is only available since a year or 2. During the early days of CX-Programmer, files were usually saved as *.cxt (CX-Programmer text file) which later turned in to *.cxp (CX-Programmer project file). *.cxt is still supported. Try to set the filetype select list to "All files (*.*)" , and see if you can open the file.

Dear brother PdL & Michael Walsh, Thank you for your reply. I just select .cxe type file in order to open at version 9.1 (like brother pdl told).

PDL, Aha, this is a new file type, not an old one. I don't believe that we have "CX-Programmer for CP1E" over here. Is it a part of the CX-One lite package?

Yes, apparantly... I have no idea either, have not heard of this type until I opened the file type list myself. But it looks like this is part of some Junior or Lite package indeed.