Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mapman88

Proficy software for Versamax Micro

8 posts in this topic

What Proficy software do I need to program a Versamax Micro? How much does it cost for a license? Is there free downloadable programming sw for the VM Micro? thnx

The part number for Proficy Machine Edition for the VersaMax Micro is IC646MPM001. I don't have list price for it anymore, but it is the least expensive of the three Machine edition options. Eight years ago its list price was $100. The next level up is IC646MPS001 which adds the VersaMax modular and 90-30 platforms. The most expensive is IC646MPP001 which adds the Rx3i, Rx7i, and 90-70 platforms.

Thanks for the response, Steve. By Versamax modular, are you referring to an add on module for my Micro 28 (16in/12out) such as for analog or thermocouple, or is a Versamax modular something else?

By VersaMax modular I mean the VersaMax I/O modules and CPUs rather than the "brick" VersaMax Micro.

Thanks, Steve. Would Cimplicity Machine Edition V. 5 work with the Versamax Micro?

Cimplicity Machine Edition v5.0 will work with the VersaMax Micro, but it's a very old version of the software. The current version is 7.0 and I can count at least seven and possibly more revisions between yours and the current version. Cimplicity Machine Edition is now called Proficy Machine Edition.

thanks, Steve. we recently upgraded to PME7.0 and I am waiting for my key dongle via FedEx.

You need not wait, install version 7.00 and it will work without restrictions for 4 days, when the key arrives it will pick up anything you have done in those 4 days.