Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordo26

CX-Integrator Question

4 posts in this topic

My master device is NODE #9, and I have a slave device set as NODE #6. Under the slave function on NODE #6 I have allocated 8 bytes starting from word CIO:3200 for output to the master. When I go to the IO allocation for my master device I would think that the number of bytes I output from my slave would correspond to the number of bytes I input to my master. However, this is not the case. I'm confused as to what the output means. Is it output from my slave, or is it output from my master? I would like to send 8bytes from my slave to my master, and send 2bytes from my master to my slave. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance. Gordo

SLAVE FUNCTION IN--> The slave to the master OUT--> The master to the slave So really the input is the slave inputting data to the master and the out is the master outputting data to the slave.

You might want to mention which type of network you are talking about and what hardware..

Sorry! I guess in my rush to figure things out I forgot to mention a critical piece of info. It is an OMRON CJ1W-DRM21 DeviceNet unit, and I am using CX-Integrator to configure the IO.