Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Nipigon

I/O to Memory

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am fairly new in the PLC world. I would like to know how to "copy" I/O words to Memory words. I am using a TSX37-21 with PL7 Micro Software. Also I am connecting an XBT-G6330 to the PLC. In order to transfer information to the XBTG (Screen), I need to transfer my data into memory space. I cant figure out how to do that. I manageg to turn on and off a relay using the screen by linking one of my screen variable to a memory adress ... used the -| |- but with %MW2:X0 ... and then ----| |------()-- to an output ... but this is probably totaly "hack" and I doubt it's the right way. So ... how do I take information like %IW5.2 or %I1.0 or %Q3.0 I have TSX DSZ 32R5 + TSX DES 32R2 + TSX AEZ 802 + TSX DPZ 10D2A Thanks Nip

Hi Nip I had never use one XBT-G terminal, but use the XBT-F every day, and I hope this one works the same way. I never use one input or output directly in the XBT, there is no way of doing it. You can only read words and tword bits (%mw0 or %mw0:x5). I see the XBT screen variables as if they were real I/Os. When you want to control an output relay with a wired input, you write some logic. that's what one does with a panel operator. When programing, I use this words and bits to comunicate with the XBT. When I need to turn on a motor, I do a rung with the with a bit to turn it on, other to turn it off (controled by thr XBT) and all the safety requirments. Hope this help João

Hi Jcurado, what you are telling me I think ... is that the way I did it ... is the only way. So I take a -||- and assign it a %MW5:XO (Which is a memory bit inside the PLC) and the then connect a -()- %Q3.0 to it . Correct ? I have another question then ... How can I take an Analog Value (4-20mA) and control an Indicator located on my XBT-G6330. If I "Click" on the variable in the XBT-G6330, the only choice I have is %MFi.X ... which is a Memory Float (Real). My analog input are %IW5.0 or something like that ... so How would I convert this information in order to "drive" an virtual indicator ? Is there anywhere I can buy a GOOD book on the topic ... I find that the modicon documentation ... "sucks" ... I dont see how somebody new to this world can learn with documentation like that. Thanks for your help Nip

As I said, I never used a XBT-G. You can use the INT_TO_REAL function to convert the integer to a float. I only use the Modicon documentation that you can find inwww.modicon.com. You can also find a FAQ section there. João