Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Kirkamorey

Ethernet MOVE commands

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to Move large groups of information from one GE Fanuc 90-70 PLC running Versa Pro to another PLC of the same set up over an ethernet. I have a mixture of integers and discrete points to move and would like some suggestions as to which is the best way to move the Data. Currently MOVE_INT's are being used at the send end and MOVE_BOOL's are being used at the recieve end for discretes and MOVE_INT to MOVE_INT for integers, I am not have problems with the integers although this is not the best way of doing this. The previous programmers have left a complete hodge podge of dross that I need to clean up. Any suggestions please???

Hi Try to send all registers as one or two groups over the ethernet. Where I work we gather all BOOL's, INT's, WORD's and REAL's into one location of a few hundred registers and have a ethernet COM_REQ read the information from the source PLC to the target PLC and then we reverce the process on the other end. Try using the repartition parameter set to 0 if you arn't already doing so (Word 9 of the COM_REQ). Also remeber you can mix types with a MOV_INT i.e %Rxxxxx =>[MOVE_INT] => %Mxxxxxx Note: I have found that to get the best results you need to use a read COM_REQ (2003) and not a write COM_REQ (2004).