Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nbergeron

FactoryTalk View Studio

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've looked around for an answer to this, and it's probably a very easy solution but here goes, Using FactoryTalk View, I'm trying to have a list of variables with incrementing numbers but having each number being with a tag placeholer. Here's a simplified example: Say I have a list of 5 numeric displays: 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 And I want to replace the first three digits with the placeholder #1. I'm unsure of the correct syntax for this because if I do a direct replacement of the numbers it looks like this: #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 This won't work at all as it will just end up looking for the wrong tag placeholders. Anyone know the correct syntax for this? Thanks in advance

Just to let anyone know who may be curious about this, there is NO way to do this. After messing around for a bit and a direct call to Rockwell technical support, I've found it's impossible to have a tag placeholder directly followed by a number. So the only solution - at least the only solution I could use for my actual purposes - to the above basic example is to replace each item with a unique tag placeholder, ie: #1 = 1000 #2 = 1001 #3 = 1002 #4 = 1003 #5 = 1004 This is much more cumbersome when dealing with long lists of tags, but at least I can use the same page 10 times instead of making 10 indiviual pages.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do but have you tried embedding a variable in text. Create a text object...when you are typing the text there is a button in the lower right to embed a String, Numeric, or Date/Time.