Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobertL

Comunication with an AB PV 300 Micro

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I am very frustated trying to communicate with an AB PV Micro 300, Cat# 2711-M3A18L1 PV300 Micro Key, FRN 4.10.; I wrote a single line code and download it into the 1500 ML but when I try to downlod it to the PanelView I am getting the following messages; (2018)-Verify your cable connection, If you are using a direct connection to a Panelview via a DF1, insure that the PV does not have its printer enabled.,I/o operation did not complete in time. I'm using DF1 Protocol, an AB USB to SR232 converter Serial Number A0093201620, an AB cable Cat# 1761-CBL-PM02, Ser C. I have used different ports on my PC and shut down RSLinx with the same result. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

First let's make sure we are talking about the correct applications: your post says you "wrote a single line of code" and then states that you are downloading "it" into the MicroLogix and the PanelView 300 Micro. I presume you mean you downloaded an RSLogix 500 application file into the MicroLogix, and that you have created a *.PVA PanelView application file that you are downloading into the PanelView terminal. The hardware all sounds correct; the 1761-CBL-PM02 cable is used for download to both PV300 Micro and MicroLogix controllers. The PanelBuilder file transfer utility allows you to select either a "direct serial" download or a download using RSLinx Classic. Because RSLinx Classic is already using your USB/RS232 converter, you want to use RSLinx. The direct drivers will use only COM1 through COM4 and those are seldom the COM port numbers of USB/RS232 converters. If you can access the PanelView's serial configuration screen, check the serial data rate. PanelView 300 Micro terminals run at 9600 baud by default, while MicroLogix 1500 controllers run at 19200 baud by default. You might have to alter your RSLinx configuration or the PanelView/PanelBuilder configuration. Also, if you can access the PanelView's configuration screens, check to be sure that the terminal has not been loaded with DH-485 protocol firmware. Loading different firmware isn't supported by RA but is possible and is fairly common.

Thanks Ken, I was able to download my single line of code (*PVA PanelView application ) into the Panelview terminal using RSLinx and DF1 Protocol. The problem I'm having now is that on the PanelView terminal screen says" PanelView Offline" then it shows 686. Is there any way how to turn it on.? I connected the PanelView terminal to my 1500 Ml processor and tried to turn the Switch to Run position but still the same.

The "PanelView Offline" message and error code 686 just indicates that the PanelView isn't getting correct responses from the MicroLogix controller. This could be because of cabling or because of configuration. Usually the MicroLogix is considered DF1 protocol "Node 1" (that's the default) and the PanelView is considered "Node 2". In DF1 Full Duplex protocol the address really doesn't matter since there can be only two devices on the link. Remember that the serial port data rates need to match; if you're running the MicroLogix at 19200 baud, run the PanelView at 19200 baud. The 1761-CBL-PM02 cable that you used to download to the PanelView should also work when plugged into the Channel 1 port of a MicroLogix 1764-LRP controller. If you have the single-port 1764-LSP controller you need a different cable with DIN8 round connectors on both ends. If you ZIP the *.RSS and *.PBA files and post them here, Forum members can take a look and make sure the configuration is correct. That will help narrow it down to a hardware versus a software problem.

????