Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plumbersean

Schneider compacts

6 posts in this topic

I am a bit green, just kind of got tossed into the I and C position. One of the systems I oversee has 29 pump stations, all with Schneider compacts. I have been told that these are obsolete. My questions I am hoping for help with is 1)are they obsolete and if so, is there a source for parts? 2) Is there an option to replace these with? Any help will be appreciated

Yes Compact PLC are obsolete. I suppose you are referring to Compact 984 cpu (which one? 120, 130, 145?). Schneider Electric has something for you. As far as I know they have different option (hardware and software replacement) with newest M340 or also with Quantum. Call to your local agency.

Those are considered obsolet by Modicon, but you can still get replacement parts, spares and repair don eon these unit. If they are not giving you any issues and you don't need the additional features of the newer units, I would continue to utilize them. You may email me directly for more info. Thanks, ModiconBob

I have done a few upgrade project from compact 984 to quantum. Using Quantum 140cpu43412A and Proworx(software). Just upload back the existing program from compact, then download to quantum CPU and you are mostly done on the engineering part, then replace the old compact hardware to new quantum hardware. you can upgrade part by part depend on budget if the previous compact using RIO (remote I/O). for example you can upgrade the CPU to quantum first, then replace a rack to quantum when you have the budget. the quantum CPU support both compact and quantum remote drop.

Wait for few months (january??) and with new Unity version you'll able to IMPORT LL984 logic also in M340 platform (more suitable for old Compact than Quantum). Import means you could open and program LL984 directly in Unity. Now this "sixth language" is supported by Unity V6.0 only for Quantum platform

Contact http://www.ohp.de They continue to make this PLC under "@120" designation (identical and indistinguishable, except labeling (DEP218 > DEP318). The make some processors still compatible with Proworks and make a very good single slot processor programmable with their own software. The Compact line was made by AEG and marketed under the MODICON Compact label in the US (after AEG bought Modicon). When Schneider took over Modicon from AEG they later discontinued sales in the US replacing it with their own label Telemecanique UNITY line.