Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sivert

CJ2M PLC Device Name

4 posts in this topic

Hi, For the CJ2M a Device name can be set by clicking on PLC->Edit->Information in CX-Programmer Where in the memory is this information placed? How can I access this information? I want to display this information in a NS panel based, running 2 PLC i parallell with MRP and IP-switching on 1 panel. Regards Sivert

I checked the manuals but it seems it can only be read by CX-Programmer and is not available in the user memory area.. would be useful though for exactly this kind of purpose. May I ask how you did the IP switching? I have a setup where I have 2 CJ2M-CPU31 with each a Profinet master to control 3 Profinet smartslice units using 2 Hirschmann MRP switches. The IO controller redundancy is working using the Profinet redundancy function block but the IP switching of CPU seems to require an additional ETN unit because the IO controller redundancy link does not allow switching IPs.

I got a FB from my local Omron tech. called IP_Duplex and then we use the onboard ethernet on the CPU to communicate with the panel.

The only problem I have is that the status information link is done over the EIP unit by FINS and it turns out it cannot have the IP changed. So we would require a secondary ETN unit to run the link. Quite a cumbersome setup..