Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indra

replacement ype mitsubishi FX2

5 posts in this topic

Dear Sir, We have PLC module old type that consist 3 ( three types ), all of these are linked with flat cable. FX2-64MR + FX-48ER + FX-16EYR I think these 3 ( three ) types are DISCONTINUE. Please help me to get the DIRECT REPLACEMENT TYPES for existing old each types and we just want to PLUG and PLAY for the new types replacement. I enclosed the picture of these 3 PLC INDRA

You should use FX3U with the corresponding expansion modules. Don't expect that the PLC program will convert correctly, you should go through the program to see if there's any differences. It normally converts fine, but there's always good to check.

There is no direct fit replacement, because all current FX models are physically smaller than those old ones. But I disagree that there may be program issues, it's all discrete I/O no special modules, so I doubt the code would not work once converted. 56 inputs and 72 outputs on your current system. FX3U-64MR/ES FX2N-48ER-ES/UL FX2N-16EYR-ES/UL You can also get away with replacing the CPU and first extension block with one larger CPU. FX3U-128MR/ES has 64 inputs and 64 outputs. Add an FX2N-8EYR-ES/UL to match your current system at 72 outputs, and you will have some inputs to spare.

Funny, I was at a customer this morning who is looking to upgrade an FX2 as well! Crossbow gave you the information you needed, so this is just my two cents. The FX2 is bigger than the current FX series, but the program should convert without a hitch. I did an FX2N to FX3U conversion four years ago, and I think there was one glitch with an interrupt routine and the way a special relay reacted, but I found it pretty quickly, and I can't remember the details. Also, the terminal blocks of the main PLC (and possibly the first extension module?) are removable, and they looked to be the same size as the ones on the FX3U. You may be able to swap them out, but only if you get the same size replacement PLC. That will save wiring. Finally, if you truly want a drop in replacement, you definitely want the FX3U. The FX3G is cheaper, but does not have the same I/O configurations on the base units, so you would have to reassign most of the I/O in the program.

Hi indra I've replaced similiar setup as yours with FX2N-128MR/ES/UL (64 inputs and 64 outputs) and a FX2N-8EYR-ES/UL . Also converson went perfectly well and the system worked ok as before. As you have 56 i/p and 72 o/p you can use same setup and convert the existing program. FX2n-128MR-ES/UL and FX2N-8ER-ES/UL are readily available in e-bay and also above setup will minimise the amount of work for the conversion and positive results. Hope above would have some help. donny