Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pro17

CX-Supervisor: CXDBMS and CDMSrvr problem

8 posts in this topic

I have severe problems with CX-Supervisor on some computers. SCADA hangs every few days reporting problem with CDMserver (communication stops), and when I am closing cx-s application I get error: CXDBMS.exe "could not write ...". The same app is installed on 6 computers on the same FinsGateway network for several days, and I get this error only on one of them. Does anyone have experience what could cause this. I suspect a HW issue, but WinXP system works without problems. Anyone solved this, suggestions? Best regards, JinX

Hi, If its a crash (message with red circle and a cross or appears in Windows Event Log) rather than a hang then you should install CX-Diagnostics and send the crash log to your Omron support team. They are very good at identifying the exact line of code causing the crash. You should also check if the memory usage is growing over time. If the PC runs out of memory this will also cause a crash. Regards, BB
1 person likes this

Hi, thx for helping... yes, I get a message with red circle and a cross. Application error, Event ID: 1000, Application: cdmsvr32.dll, address: 0x52004500 I checked memory usage, but it seems OK. Also there is enough PC memory. This application runs very stable on another computer. Only communication hangs, CX-Supervisor still works, and I can call pages and login/logout ... I suspect there is a problem with hardware, but the problem is, everything (system Windows XP) seems to work without problems. Best regards, JinX

If memory usage is growing over time, then this would sound like a memory leak? Does CX-Supervisor also have these...?

Hi, memory usage can grow if you run some JScripts or VBScripts from CX-Supervisor. Any other suggestion on memory leakage? I am trying one new approach: I disabled Microsoft NGEN service (.Net 4.0). I read this service running on Win XP can cause problems on network and slow app. running. It's to soon to post a confirmation (running for 12 hours now). Regards, JinX

Hi, No. Not under normal circumstances - this would prevent it from running unattended for months on end. But with so many script commands available its possible to trigger something. More often I've seen this when the comms is pushed too hard, and the "Input queue" of requests is growing quicker than the comms can process them and take them off. Technically that's not a leak but still eventually results in 'out of memory' and then, RIP. When the comms crash this is often the cause. Regards, BB

Hi, OK I really recommend installing CX-Diagnostics (e.g. from the myOMRON.com Downloads area). There's no setup required - just at the next crash it will offer to email the crash dump for you. Regards, BB

Hi,  Did any got the solution of above described problem. I'm also facing same issue at customer site. 

Thanks,

Shirish