Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevieg

Step 5 error message 0334

2 posts in this topic

I have recently installed Siemens step 5 version 7.23 on a laptop of mine. I am using windows xp pro. The issue I have is I can't connect to any step 5 plc's. Everytime I try I get error message 0334. I don't have a serial port on the laptop so I am using an omron CS1W-CIF31 usb converter. On another laptop with step 5 version 7.02 it will connect to the plc's using this converter so the converter is ok. Plus on my laptop it will connect to omron plc's through this converter. I have tried all the obvious, the usb converter is set to the right com port, I have tried altering the speeds e.t.c. I have looked on the siemens help website and tried what they recommend but still no good. I know this is accent software, but does anyone have any ideas??? Help please!!

Hi stevieg, it is probably too late, maybe this will help somebody ... http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo?=en&objid=18548070&caller=view On step 3 : "Note: Some USB serial converters are mostly assigned another port as COM1 interface. You must select the relevant available COM interface and execute the procedure described above." Regards ...