Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJR

Problem - The statements are not being processed

5 posts in this topic

I may have overlooked something obvious since I have little experience with Siemens. I took an existing S7 (CPU 314) program that I first checked to see if the offline copy the OEM left me was up to date by doing "compare blocks." It seemed to be, so I went to the offline editor and edited an existing function FC6 to add on one more network at the end of the folder. This was after I added a few new symbols of my own and saved them. I saved and compiled FC6 then pulled down Download from the PLC menu with just that block highlighted. It asked me if I wanted to replace FC6 and said yes. The addition I made is showing up in the online file. When I do a compare block for offline/online it is equal. When I click on monitor then highlight my new network I added, the RUN bar at the bottom stops scrolling, usually nothing is shown to the right in the RLO,STA,STANDARD monitor columns (this is a STL program), and the message at the bottom of the screen says "the statements are not being processed." I tried once more this morning to make sure the offline was saved, compiled, error free, etc. and downloaded it once again. This time every once in awhile I get some numbers in the monitor chart to the right (RLO,STA,STANDARD) but 99% of the time the run bar is frozen and the "statements are not being processed" message is there. When I click on Network 15 the run bar scrolls fast and the monitor chart shows up within seconds. When I go back to 16 the run bar freezes and after 10-30 seconds the monitor chart will fill in. It's almost as if the network 16 is trying to work but the update rate is unbelievably slow. I don't know what to make of it. I've searched the internet and my programming manual for a couple of hours for this "statements are not being processed" message and have found nothing to help at all so I don't know what it is trying to warn me that I've done wrong. I'm a little confused since I simply added in a network to an exisiting block with a few new symbols. What did I miss? Did I violate some rules about STL networks? I couldn't find any training material like I wanted about how much you can put in one network but the OEM has many much bigger networks in this program. I had considered making this several different networks but it's all one item. I should have put a title on the network that says "trigger to OPC server and reset." I supplied a screen shot of my network and captured it after the monitor items showed up to the right. Thanks!

Without seeing the rest of the FC I would say that the problem is the BEC instruction towards the end of the previous network, if the "End Cycle" bit is not set then the block will be left at this point, as said without seeing the rest of the Function block it is quite reasonable to say there maybe similar statements within the code of the function block, in which case the new network will not be processed, below is pasted from the STL Help text. BEC Description If RLO = 1, then BEC (block end conditional) interrupts the program scan in the current block and causes a jump to the block that called the current block. The program scan resumes with the first instruction that follows the block call. The current local data area is released and the previous local data area becomes the current local data area. The data blocks that were current data blocks when the block was called are re-opened. The MCR dependency of the calling block is restored. The RLO (= 1) is carried over from the terminated block to the block that called. If RLO = 0, then BEC is not executed. The RLO is set to 1 and the program scan continues with the instruction following BEC.

That was it! Thanks. I am lucky that my screen showed that other network.

Hi,

There was a Power failure at our work recently and all the Program from my CPU-414H had been lost. I reloaded the Program from my station again and everything seems to be working fine until I observed in the SCADA that I am unable to run some Pumps in Auto Mode .When I checked the FC of the Auto sequence of this Pumps , I could not monitor it and it is giving message at the bottom "The statements are not being Processed " .Is this related to the Power failure or I am missing something? Please Advice.

Look at what is calling your FC

ie where is it being called and under what conditions