thanya

How to convert HEX to Floating point in VesaMax CPU005E

10 posts in this topic

How to convert HEX to Floating point in VesaMax CPU005E Data in HEX is 42 2C 1F BA convert to floating = 43.030983 Thank

No conversion required. The hex value you posted is the result of interpreting the bit pattern as a hex value instead of as a 32-bit floating point value. If you're looking at the value in a reference table, change the display from WORD or DWORD to REAL. Then you'll see the floating point value. If you need to work with the value in ladder logic, create a new REAL variable with the same address as your existing DWORD variable and when you use it with a MOVE_REAL, ADD_REAL, MUL_REAL instruction, you'll see the correct interpretation of the bits.

Hi Steve Bailey Thank you for your answer. I know that was 32-bit floating point but when tested with VesaMax CPU-005E, it can't convert. I want to know how to convert it as I want to show that floating on touch screen Thank

You will have to configure the display on the HMI device to interpret the bit pattern in the PLC register as a floating point number. If you can tell us which HMI you are using we might be able to help explain how to do that.

Hi Steve Bailey My Quick panel model is QP 12" TFT (IC754Vxl12cxx). In VersaMax CPU, if I configured tag to Real, it shows floating point now. But it doesn't show on Quick panel. On Quick panel, I can't selected tag to Real. I can select only LReal. How can I do that? Thank a lot

If I'm not mistaken, selecting LREAL in the QP will work OK.

I selected LReal it doesn't correct. I created tag to LReal and selected display type to decimal (didn't have floating) Thank

First update your Proficy ME to the latest version or add the latest updates to your version. Try using the parameters of an object instead of the NDD (Numerical Data Display). Do this: ** Type a string of ####### on the Panel. ** Double Click them. ** Select the "Value" tab ** place a check mark in box "Enable Value Animation" ** Select the proper variable from the 'Lamp' icon. (do not type it in) ** adjust other properties as needed. The 'Dynamic Tools' and 'Interactive Tools' are "Quick" but not flexible. I think they are kept to be backwards compatible with the old "QuickPanels" the new "QuickPanel Views" are much more versatile the fact that they can still be used just like the old ones has a tendency to confuse the first time users. Steve is correct about LREAL. If you read the instructions for the QPView you will find that it does not use INT only DINT it does not use REAL or Float only LREAL. However, depending on the Driver selected it will exchange data properly with an INT or REAL. Edited by RussB

Hello.

Please, I need help because I am facing problems

On display in the HMI (Quick Panel 12+ 12 "TFT Capacitive (IC755CSS12CDB) analog values in the LReal format.

I implemented all the screens I developed and tested in "simulator" mode, and in this mode the analog variables in the LReal format work.

However, when I establish communication between the HMI and the RX3i PLC (SRTP Driver) and try to read or write some variable in both directions (PLC> HMI or IHM> PLC), the LREAL type variables do not work,

Are read as whole.

I've tried the following alternatives:

- Switch the SRTP to TCPIP communication driver.

- "Forced" import of the variable in the Real format. (In this case the variable up to the Real format, but continues with the same behavior when configured in LReal).

- Use of the basic Text tool instead of the Interactive Numeric Data Entry tool.

- Change the Data Type to Integer.

- Changing the Default Display Format from General format to Floating point.

- Use of Engineering Units.

None of these options worked. I just have not updated the HMI firmware yet. I am currently using Windows CE System Version 7.00 (Build 2824) and would like to upgrade Firmware only if there are no other alternatives to be adopted.

Thank you.

You should have started a new post for this.

The latest version for that unit is "V1_Build21"  so I suggest you update it and try again.

From this page choose the link labeled: "Firmware update for QuickPanel+ 10", 12", and 15" with Windows CE.NET v7.00 (Windows Embedded Compact 7)"
And if you mean that your Proficy ME is version 7 Build 2824, update it too.

You only give us half the information, if you have a GE PAC CPU set the variables in it to Type REAL and in the QuickPanel Type LREAL.  Please read the QP documentation for details of why.

Edited by RussB