lrc

Questions about NT2 ST and NTXS Software

7 posts in this topic

I had NT2 ST installed on my laptop but the hd crashed and I had to put a new one in. The program is on a 3-1/2 floppy and I am unable to install it on my laptop. Tried to copy the files to the hd and perform an install. No luck. Tried to copy the floppy to a usb flash drive and install. No luck. Getting a General Protection fault. Is there a way to accomplish the install without a floppy drive? I have none on the laptop. From this forum, I found that NTXS is the new app that allows you to communicate with the NT2S-SF122B-EV2 display. I was able to install this on the laptop (runs a Windows 2000 os). I was unable to communicate with the EV2 display. Is it possible to communicate with an EV2 display on a system running Windows 2000? Installed NTXS on my desktop (runs Windows XP). I was able to communicate with an EV2 display but not a NT2S-SF122B-EV1 display. I can d/l firmware and a *.pzm project file. However, the files on my EV1 and EV2 displays are *.hmi project files. The EV2 unit I was able to communicate with using NT2 ST and upload the *.hmi files no longer will communicate with the NT2 ST app after I downloaded the upgraded f/w to it using NTXS. So now, even though I can still communicate it with NTXS, my only option is to re-write the project files in the *.pzm format by looking at what the app was accomplishing examining the original *.hmi files. To get this EV2 unit working again, I have 3 options: 1) Figure out how the *.hmi files were controlling the unit and make the the same program using NTXS. 2) Download the old f/w to the unit 3) Obtain the *.pzm file from the people that made this equipment (a pill counting test station) The easiest/cheapest solution for me would be to download the original f/w. Is this possible? My current situation: I have a desktop running Windows XP that has NT2 ST and NTXS installed. I can communicate with my EV1 and EV2 HMIs. However the App controlling the HMI is an *.hmi file. I don't have a *.pzm file that does the same thing. I have a laptop running Windows 2000 that has NTXS installed. I can't communicate with either of my HMIs. The PLC which communicates with the display is an Omron CPM1A I verified the comm settings on COM1 are the same on both my desktop and laptop (9600-n-8-1) My Questions: How can I install NT2 ST on my laptop without having a floppy drive? Is it possible to communicate with an EV1 or EV2 unit with NTXS on a machine running Windows 2000? Is it possible to revert to previous firmware on an EV2 unit?

Here you go, latest version of the "old" NT2S software. You cannot convert old software with NTXS, you can only use new versions with this software. Nt2s_1.3C.zip

1 person likes this

Thanks a million PdL and MPM. I was able to install that on my laptop, revert to previous f/w, download the HMI files, and make this unit work again. The information provided was extremely helpful. Edited by lrc

Hi, NT2ST is already obsolete for more than 6 years ( januari 2005) NTXS is indeed the next generation SW. In my opinion NTXS on your PC should work without a problem ( ON -EV2 units). Windows 2000 I have no idea but I am sure it is mentioned in the NTXS manual. There is no way to convert a HMI file to pzm as these are 2 different platforms. I would check in your application that you have used the default Hostlink settings and validate that node number programmed is also the PLC node number ( common mistake with NT2S) Cable you are using is NT2S-CN002 ?? Pinning is in the manual of NTXS. My Questions: How can I install NT2 ST on my laptop without having a floppy drive? Probably NT2ST V1.3C can still be downloaded ( I spotted it last time on OMRON US website) Is it possible to communicate with an EV1 or EV2 unit with NTXS on a machine running Windows 2000? EV1 units can not be used with NTXS ( pre 2005 production) Is it possible to revert to previous firmware on an EV2 unit? ON EV2 units , when you have used NTXS it is possible to revert back so you can use NT2ST again. (Press F1 and F6 (hold), power the unit. Memory will be allocated. then use the firmware upgrade tool for NT2ST and download the firmware for the specific model. Now the unit is "as of factory" My opinion your problem is the application created ( it is different from the NT2ST you are used too) regards, MPM.

Thanks for this software help me for a big trouble ( sorry for my short english level ) best regards from canary Islands

the software you mentioned 1.03C and sample .hmi program work like charm

made me Super Engineer(hero)

NT2S.jpg

I realize the hardware/software is obsolete, however the plant that I work for has quite a few of the NT2s-122B-E displays, I am having a problem. One of the displays has been destroyed by using pointed objects on the membrane buttons , I set up an identical display using an identical PLC (CPM2A) , all settings I believe are the same . The replacement unit works, until I install it, then all I get is the back light, no boot up. I am missing something, but I don't know what. Any assistance would be wonderful