Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

NQ Designer

4 posts in this topic

Using an NQ3 HMI with NQ-Designer 1.3 and a CP1L-14 PLC. I would like an operation where by consecutive presses of a button will write a value to a tag of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and back to 0 again. Clearly I can do something in the PLC program to increment a value on a simple button press, but I was wondering if the "Word button" can do this for me straight from the HMI itself? Not too sure how this works, and the docs are somewhat lacking. (Unless I have not found the right manual.) The button itself allows different states to be defined, each with a low limit and high limit value. What do they do? Is it worth persevering with, or is the "Button push / PLC increment" method the best way to go? Thanks.

I dont know NQ serie, does it allow macro? Even if yes, PLC seem a better and simpler way to do it... Edited by pfort

HI the word button does indeed do the job you need to do. Reference is the register you are writing too. Min / Max means that when the value of the register is in that area the specified tasjk will be performed. example : DM10 is the reference. value =0 ( min / max are both 0) task is to write 1 to DM10 value is 1 ( min / max are both 1) task is to write 2 to DM10 value is 2 ( min / max are both 2) task is to write 3 to DM10 value is 3 ( min / max are both 3) task is to write 4 to DM10 value is 4 ( min / max are both 4) task is to write 0 to DM10 so 5 states are needed. Each press of the button will make sure the task is executed. For info: the SW help should display this information. regards, MPM

OK, I see how this works now. Thanks for your help. Edited by Andy_P