Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moosty

RS 232 Port Share over TCP/IP on Windows

4 posts in this topic

Hi! Recently, I was working with a PLC connected to my PC. One of my friend needed to use the PLC, but he did not have serial port on his PC. I have searched the net for a utility that shares COM ports over TCP/IP. Unfortunately, I could not. I have only found virtual serial port drivers. I think I will write a program that uses virtual serial ports, and serves real COM ports on a computer. I need to reach any computers COM ports, therefore any device connected to COM port. I think of a system as in attached figure. Before spending my time on this project, does anybody know sucha a utility to share serial ports?

And what did you think about USB-RS232 converter ? It is the less complicated, less expensive and surely more compatible solution. I wrote in Delphi something about (but not the same you need), and some problems with timings and compatible application let me stopped the project. There are some devices (know as 'Terminal Server', nothing to do with Microsoft TS !!) that convert Ethernet to RS232 and they work with compatible application. Bye

Hi, try ReMapPro, from Labtam,Inc LabTam Inc There is a demo available for 60 minutes usage... Hope it will help.. Edited by notricks

It works, ReMapPro is the thing what I need. However, it is time limited. I'll write a freeware one and publish the source code here. But I can't say a time for finish because I am too busy nowadays. Thank you