Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesperMP

Can an EEPROM burned in an L552 CPU run in an L551 CPU ?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all. I have an existing customer that has a need for updating the program in the SLC L551 CPU. The update is nothing more than a change of the IP address. The updated program is stored in RAM memory at the moment, but I need to send an updated EEPROM so that they are safe. Problem is that I dont have an L551 (16kW) CPU available, but I do have an L552 (32kW) CPU. Question is: If I generate the EEPROM in the L552 CPU, will the program on the EEPROM run in the L551 CPU ? (Dont kill me because I double-post here as well as on PLCTALK. I posted first on PLCTALK but nobody seem to know this on that forum). Thanks in advance.

Answer is YES, you can. Have a look to the User Manual, starting page 44: You can burn a program into an EEPROM memory module using a processor that is the same or different from the one used to run the program. Anyway, there are some considerations and limits, the manual explain well all the possible combinations thru a table. Hope this helps. - fuzzy logic Edited by fuzzy logic