Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marsheng

SQL-Tagwrite Citect

3 posts in this topic

We have been running version 5.2 for many years. We tried to upgrade to version 7.2 but now get errors. On start-up we run a cicode function to get data from an SQL database and write these to tags for data display. With the new version we get an alarm when we write the tag- XXX tag not found. The tag is there. So I commented out the tagwrite line and then re-ran the program. I then get another Tag not found ZZZ 5-6 lines later. As it is reading 10 sets of data in a while loop so I tried a message statement before each loop to add a delay . I then get Array overflow. Seems something very strangely wrong. Anyone had similar problems. ? Wallace New Zealand. Kiwi1.rtf

Hi there, upgrading version from 5.2 there is a new system to use "Variable Tags". Now you have to declare first a cluster and then relatives tags. It's not just load 5.2 to 7.2 version. I hope this helps! Bye

I can't believe that it is a year ago since I started this post. The customer has GOLD Citec support and this issue is still not resolved. They are still running an earlier version of the software. I was requested find the issue and I have started to rewrite the code from scratch testing each bit as I went along. I found a fault when I got back this same bit of code!!! and I have posted a new question. See My link