Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest daviddvse

SFC in GX IEC Developer

7 posts in this topic

However hard I try, as soon as I try to use an SFC POU I can't get my programme to work. It's on a Q01 PLC and I notice that SFCs always create new programme files in the PLC parameter Program menu. LDs, STs and FBDs don't. I am told that the Q01 doesn't allow more than 1 programme file. Does this mean that I can't use SFC language with my Q01? If so, which is the nearest Q series that I can use, if ant? Thanks for your help. David

:*-( I found out eventually that no, the Q01 doesn't support SFCs. Even worse, neither does GX simulator. So you can't develop and test offline. These things are in the manuals if you know exactly where to look. Don't bother asking Mitsubishi though - they either don't know or aren't interested in giving you the answer! Regards, David.

You CAN use SFC in a Q01 plc, all you need is the up to date version of GX IEC Developer, the feature is available in version 6 but not in version 5. I assume that you were using version 5 or below?? Regards

I am using GX IEC Developer 6.00. The information I have been given by BPX (who do the technical assistamce for Mitsubishi) is that only the Q02 and higher will support SFC. Further, GX simulator will only supporr SFC for the Fx range of PLCs. I am now completely lost! Regards, David Austin

You can use SFC on all of the Qn range, A series and FX2 series, on the A series you must allocate an area of memory for the SFC to work but that's about it. GX Simulator however, will not simulate an SFC program on a Q (something to do with it not being able to handle multiple programme files) but will simulate on A & FX (only one program file). You may be better off speaking directly with MEUK technical support if BPX cannot assist you. Just to prove a point, the attached picture shows a Q01 with an SFC POU! Regards

hello, There is a little misunderstanding here. Our friend david here is talking about a system Q plc and navillusi is talking about a QnA plc these are different series of plc. so i think david is right that you cant use SFC in a Q01 (i didnt check) Greetz, Jim

From the Q00 and up SFC is possible in GX-IEC Developer v6.00. Also GX-Simulator supports SFC. Try to contact a better helpdesk.