Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

NS5 with ETN and time out Error

10 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have NS5 connected to 2 PLC's - hosts via ethernet. One of them is regularly switched off and it is OK. When the host is OFF NS5 trying to connect to host and annoying error shows that time-out error occurs while downloading the data. I set in COMM TAB / Comm Auto-return to ON and now I do not have error but NS5 works really slow - probably because NS still waiting for the host reply Is it possible to set NS5 that if some bit is OFF NS5 doesn't try to be online. I could set that bit in the other PLC - they communicate via FINS each other thanks for clue

Hi With the comms autoreturn setting you also have to change the 3 and 5 setting in comms screen to 1 and 0. when you click help on the comms creen this is explained very well. It is slow because it is still polling the missing PLC as you have not adjusted the time-out settings. regards, MPM

I have tried all possible settings regarding this problem. However you set them screen performance lags terribly whenever a host goes offline. This has been a gripe for me for some years now and the main reason we left NS terminals and NS runtime for multiple host projects, Even NS runtime will lockup on this. How difficult would it be to do an alive check in the background and disregarding all objects on the screen to be polled?

This is just idea - maybe it can work all object will be connected to internal PT memory addresses Internal addresses will be updated via macro and READCMEM instruction Did you try guys such a solution. Does it help or still the same - at least I can have switch to start macro and reading from the host when it is online? Edited by pszczepan

That sounds like a feasible solution, not too much code to acheive either. BUT, a host would still have to be configured, & therefore will it still be being polled, or is it only polled with active objects....

Hi Guys, see the attachment. The connect except .... has been added by OMROn to solve this problem in case of a node was offline. If you set comm all with these settings should your pronblem rthen not be solved

In real live it doesn't work this way. Try it, setup a NS terminal with 6 hosts on Ethernet and pull the plug on one. Good luck!

Very cumbersome to have to keep a list of physical I/O memory and PT memory mapping... unles you only have a small application.

PLC on the moving carriage has small quantity of signal - so I will try macro idea and let you know if it helps a little. By the way - What panels do you use in such a applications - it can be useful for the future?

Maybe not the best solution but here is what I would do: Link the data from the switched PLC to the one that stays on and have the NS poll all data from that PLC.