Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMC

InFocus LiteShow III

6 posts in this topic

We have three of these on our office network. The LiteShow III is a small box with a wired and wireless network connections, and a VGA video output. We have hooked up a LiteShow III to each of our conference room displays. Now, anyone on our network can project their laptop's screen onto any display without connecting a monitor cable. We use the displays' HDMI input to connect with dedicated conference room PCs. The LiteShow III can operate through wired networking, or using its wireless interface as a client or an access point. We have found it best to connect the LiteShow to a wired infrastructure network, and use wireless other access points to connect to the network. Unintuitively, before disabling the wireless network, it is important to set the SSID to the room name because that is what will be used to select which LiteShow on the network to connect to. We have found that it important to configure a static IP address for the LiteShow. While it has a DHCP client, it only seems to look for an address at startup. After we had an extended power outage, when the liteshows booted before the DHCP server, they took a default address and never connected to DHCP. We found several advantages using the Infocus LiteShow III, as well as some drawbacks as well....I made a list of both these pros and cons on my blog. Here is a link for further input if you need it: http://www.dmcinfo.com/blog.aspx/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/313/DMC-uses-InFocus-LiteShow-III-for-Network-Projector-Sharing.aspx

We had LiteShow on our older projectors, and my main dislike was that you can only connect to one wireless network at once. So when I connected to the projector, I lost my Internet connection. And back then, they required a client software on each PC that was going to access them.

I just bought a Light Show III. I am having trouble getting my laptop connected to the Internet and the light show at the same time. If I connect to the school's wireless Internet, I can't connect to light show. And if I connect to light show, I can't connect to the Internet. Any tips?

Sorry, my last post shouldve been in reply to this message. Thanks in advance.

That's exactly what I said above. Your PC cannot connect to 2 wireless networks at once with one wireless adapter. So it's office network or projector, not both at once. No way around that other than a second wireless adapter.

I have a Mac and I am having trouble keeping the Infocus liteshow 3 command control on the screen while showing a presentation. When I switch from the presentation to the command control the presentation exits out, when I need to stay on the screen to pause it. Can anyone help me please?