Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob5029

Screen Capture on Panel View Plus 1000

4 posts in this topic

is there a way to take a screen capture of the current display and save it to a USB drive? at the moment we are taking digital photos of the screen with a time & date stamp, but it would be much more convinient to be able to take a screen capture. Any assistance greatfully received. rob.

Probably not. Every screen capture mechanism I've seen for Windows CE involved using ActiveSync to connect to a full Windows host. You could probably install and enable ActiveSync on a PV+CE or a PV+6, but not on a smaller or standard unit. We did some documentation like this and ended up using a fixed tripod and some antiglare filtering to get consistent photographs. I prefer to run the application on my Studio PC and do my screen captures from there, though that's not possible with some automation network methods.

I had do the same recently to prepare a training manual. I ran the project on my laptop from View Studio. I then captured screen-shots from my laptop. I use a shareware screen capture program Print Key Pro. It allows you to capture only the specific area of your screen where the PV image is running. I save as JPEG files works great.

If Windows CE behaves like standard Windows you can press alt-prtscrn or shift-prntscrn to capture the currently active window to the clipboard. You can then open wordpad or similar to paste the capture into. Then move that file into the usb drive.This assumes that a keyboard is available or possible to add. Another option may be the remote control program VNC, I think it is included on the v6 PV rkuki has the best suggestion provided the dev files are available, the alt-prntscrn works in that case too but I use Snagit for scren captures. It allows you to annotate and draw, resize etc on the capture before saving or printing. WELL worth the small amount ($40) it costs if you are doing many docs