Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Lou

Ultra3000 Error 23 help

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an AB Ultra 3000(2098-HV100X) servo drive that I have set up for step/following mode being pulsed from a Micrologix 1500 PTO. It's connected to an AB F4075-R-HOOAA motor that is used on a 32" wide press feeder that has 2inch pinch rollers and is mechanically geared 7:1. I have this setup on a few press feeders with no problems, however, this current feeder is moving very heavy material and constantly getting an error code #23. I know I'm probably going to have to step up to a larger motor, but the manual mentions checking the tuning. I did an autotune. My question is, what parameters should I alter to limit the frequency of the motor thermal error? What other things should I try? Thank You, Lou

Reduce the acceleration rate or slow down the overall cycling speed. You are asking the motor to do more than it was designed to do.

I have had limited results with autotune on the Ultra 3000 drives. If you are familiar with tuning, you should manually adjust the tuning parameters and monitor the results. I agree that slowing down accel and decel rates should help.

Ok. I have done this set-up a few times and have adjusted parameters manually to suit the applications before. I read the slew rate effects the acceleration performance. I currently have it enabled at 4000rev/s2. Is a slew rate necessary when following? Thanks!

I want to, but I'm limited by the ML1500 PTO profile. I guess I could try to increase the PTO frequency, lengthen the accel/decel times, and use gearing to slow it down to meet the application, but then I'll still be pulsing faster rates, just with longer accel/decel periods. Would this be effective? Thank You.