Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
talotam

S7 400 series

6 posts in this topic

I have to be able to open up files for the Siemens S7 400 series CPU. A machine I am trying to connect to has this CPU system. What is the best (for the money) programming software package I can use for this application. I don't expect it to be cheap, but I need what will work. Help, please. A.S.A.P.

Use original Siemens Software - Step 7 (Simatic Manager), Soon to be replaced by TIA Portal V11 Also check out PG2000 by process-informatik and S7 for windows from TTi; and others.

Thanks, Sparky. I'll check out the PG2000 today. I can't wait for the new TIA Portal VII.

You can buy S7 now, and then get an upgrade when TIA11 comes out.

What is the cost of the S7 programming software? I need to get open and examine the files that my customer sent to me and get him fixed a.s.a.p. Also, where do I purchase? Is the software downloadable, or do I need to get the hard copy? Thanks,

There is a version from Siemens (S7 lite) that is free. You have to register though. It is only for S7 300 projects but will give you a "feel" for the software. http://support.autom...iew/en/24372175 The PG2000 software is also available for download as a demo and will allow you to open limited blocks. Cost is available from the Process-informatik web site. Ask your local Siemens rep for cost of Step 7 . Edited by Moggie